1. I once played a man in the musical The Club.
(I'm the Tom Selleck wannabe)
2. I placed first in both empty hand and weapons kata at the 2009 Isshin ryu World Championship Tournament.
3. I am obsessed with Doctor Who and aspire to one day write an episode of my favorite show.
4. Once after beating my 8th grade ELA students in mini-debates, I jumped up and down and proclaimed “I am the Master Debater! I am the Master Debater!” in front of a room full of 13-year old boys, only to realize an hour later that I had just jumped up and down and proclaimed “I am the Master Debater! I am the Master Debater!” in front of a room full of 13-year old boys.
(Luckily, my principal had a great sense of humor and no angry parent phone calls poured in that afternoon.)
5. I hold the distinct honor of having one of my writing quotes displayed in Editor Stephen Roxburgh’s office. I framed it and presented it to him after he told me it was “the worst line of writing he had read in his 39 years in publishing.” Although the notorious line no longer resides in my manuscript, it does reside in Stephen's office.
6. My family has a ridiculous amount of Legos. My husband and I plan to put them to good use when the children move out and finally build that addition we've always wanted.
7. My retirement plan includes working at Walt Disney World as Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother because
1. I LOVE Disney World
2. The Godmother’s costume is very forgiving, so I may enjoy as many Dole Whips as I like while sprinkling pixie dust on people’s vacations.
Now, without further ado, here are my Nominations (in no particular order): Drum roll please…
1. Amy Emm
2. Heather Clark
3. Shannon Hitchcock
4. Teri Harman
5. Pat Esden
6. Michele Jakubowski
7. Brian Klems
8. Sandhya Menon
9. Kate Messner
10. Glenn McCarty
11. Stephanie Stussman
12. Christina Farley
13. Katharine Grub
14. Rebecca Taylor
15. Bill Bunn
1.Display logo in your blog to show you’ve been nominated!
2.Link back to your nominator.
3.Share 7 things about yourself.
4.Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
5.Notify your nominees.
These are just a few of my favorite bloggers at the moment, and I hope you’ll find them as inspirational as I do! I’m looking forward to reading some fun facts about all of them.